CWK205

Friends of COVENTRY TRANSPORT

It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 9:17 pm

Contact Us | All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to cwk205

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), upload content, and access other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Forum rules

Use this section for buses and their operators other than Coventry.

Post subject: WITHDRAWN COVENTRY BENDI-BUSES !
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:26 pm 
Founder

Have thanks: 414 time
It appears that three of Coventry's Bendi-Buses (6012, 6013 & 6016) are now withdrawn from service and two of them were seen standing outside Wheatley Street Garage on Saturday afternoon (6013 at the Swanswell end of the Garage & 6016 in the front yard !). On the Monday evening before this, i did also see 6012 parked up at the Swanswell end of the Garage and was directly infront of 6013, but that one appears to have been moved and i'm not 100% sure as to where to exactly ? It could have been taken inside to be stripped for spares, or maybe even taken over to either Miller Street or Pensnett Garage to be stored ?

Here's a photo of withdrawn 6013, seen on Saturday afternoon outside Wheatley Street Garage !

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: WITHDRAWN COVENTRY BENDI-BUSES !
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:29 pm 
Founder

Seen here in the front yard at Wheatley Street Garage on Saturday afternoon, is withdrawn Bendi-bus 6016 !

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:34 pm 
Founder

Unfortunately not the best of photo's here, but it was the best i could do to capture withdrawn Bendi-bus 6012, seen standing outside Wheatley Street Garage a week last Monday evening !

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:40 pm 
Silver member

Have thanks: 105 time
The bendibuses demise is not unexpected Perry Barr withdrew their Scania bendibuses some time ago and they were newer than ours.Personally i am glad to see the back of them they were cumbersome and caused traffic hold ups on Ball Hill and other busy roads when they were loading and unloading.
dunne has been thanked by:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:52 pm 
Founder

I can easily imagine them to be awkward when you're in a traffic congested place like Ball Hill with them, as they certainly seem way too big for some of Coventry's Streets ? I'm glad i don't have to drive them though, but as a passenger on them from time to time, i do enjoy going on them and sitting right at the back end, especially when the Driver is going at quite a speed 'round a sharp bend, as it's very much like the thrill of being on a ride at Blackpool's Pleasure Beach !!!!!lol.

Some people had told me that Coventry don't use the Bendi-buses on a Saturday, but how wrong are they (lol), as i saw a few of them going past the Ricoh Arena when i was up there last Saturday lunchtime !

Contact Us | All times are UTC [ DST ]